Transaction a Day AA
One of these is not like the other. We all know Soroka actually injured himself, but Collin McHugh just caught a case of the McSucks and that’s unfortunate because he was a serious force in the bullpen last year. Ben Heller and Darius Vines get called back. Vines last start was 8/30 so he’s good to go whenever the Braves need him.
On Our Favorite Canadian
I really feel for Michael Soroka.
- Gets the call in 2018, impresses in 5 appearances, and provided enough evidence to start in the rotation in 2019.
- In 2019, he establishes himself as a bonafide ace throwing 174.2 innings with a 2.68 ERA.
- 2020, 3 games in, tears his achilles.
- June of 2021, re-tears achilles just walking into the clubhouse.
- 2022, has to remake his entire delivery to reduce stress on his achilles and ends up getting in a handful of games for Gwinnett at the end of the season.
- 2023, starts season at AAA and gets several starts before his first call-up. He cycles through the rotation twice with poor results and is sent back down.
- Gets an extended look from 6/30-7/21 and results were better, but was optioned again.
- Results in AAA were much better and Soroka looked to be turning the corner.
- Gets called back up, lasts 3 innings, and comes out with a case of numb hands which suggests what is likely a fairly serious injury.
Like all of you, I’ve rooted for Michael Soroka from day 1. He’s intelligent, determined, and very likable. No person should have to suffer so much to do the thing they love. I think this could be the end of the line for Soroka and the Braves. And honestly, I think it’s time…for both parties. Maybe there’s another team that can help Soroka stay healthy. Wherever his path takes him, I’ll be rooting for his success.
A whole lot of posts have been going up lately, so I thought it would be nice to link them here:
- Dissecting the Braves Top 30 Prospects, 30-21
- Dissecting the Braves Top 30 Prospects, 20-11
- Dissecting the Braves Top 30 Prospects, 10-1
- Your Team
Alright, let’s chat it up! Braves and Cardinals and we know we loath those birds!